We have had a brilliant day celebrating the biscuit episode of The Great British Bake Off that will be airing tonight on BBC One.
Our resident photographer and baking extraordinaire, Emily Nolan, was on hand to bake us some delightful cookies with our logo iced on top!
We will be sending some out to some of our clients this week, if there are any left that is….
• 125g – Softened Butter
• 70g – Caster Sugar
• 1 Egg Yolk
• 1tsp Vanilla Extract
• 150g – Plain Flour
• 50g – Chocolate chips
• Ready-to-roll Blue Icing
• Coloured Writing Icing to decorate
Oven Temp: Gas Mark 4/350F/180C
Makes around 15 biscuits
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15/20 minutes
1) Pre-heat oven and grease a baking tray
2) Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl (wooden spoon)
3) Add egg-yolk and vanilla extract
4) Pour in the chocolate chips or other flavourings
5) Sieve the flour into the bowl and mix to a dough, you might need to do this with your hands to get all of the mix together
6) Place onto baking tray – you need to space them out so they don’t merge into one biscuit in the oven!
7) After 15/20 minutes check the biscuits in the oven – they should look golden brown
8) Once out of the oven, leave to cool on a rack
9) If your biscuits have cooled down, you can now decorate them however you like, I cut circles from blue ready-to-roll icing then used the tubes of icing to make the Biscuit Bunker logo (steady hands are vital !!!! )